Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Omaha!

So we finally got away for a little family trip and it was GREAT! We had the opportunity to go watch our daughter's boyfriend Brandon jump in the Jr. Olympics and decided to make a weekend of it. It was so nice to get away. It was also fun to watch Brandon high jump. He is getting ready to leave for college in Wichita, which isn't that far away, but I will be sad when we do not get to see him every day. He has become part of our family over the last two years and I feel like I am losing one of my kids. I can't imagine what it will be like when Megan goes off to school! Okay I am holding back the tears!!!

So enough of that! Our trip was fun. We only had to drive 3 hours to get there which isn't that bad. Megan kept us entertained with her need for cookies. She did enough begging and pouting that she finally got her "Daddy" to stop. When we arrived we waited around for Brandon's parents to get there and headed off to eat at Granite City. We ended up going to bed pretty early because we needed to get up early to watch Brandon. He ended up doing great. There was a four way tie, each jumping 6 ft 10 3/4 in. He ended up getting 4th due to a miss earlier in the event. We were very proud he is an amazing athlete!



After that we headed off to the the Omaha Zoo. Doyle and Shelly joined us along with Derek, one of Megan and Brandon's goofy friends. We were looking forward to the zoo. We had heard great things and were expecting to see alot. Of course I took way too many pictures put I will post a few of my favorites. We were a little disappointed in the zoo. Maybe we have been to too many great zoos but Omaha did not live up to our expectations, maybe it was just too hot who knows. The zoo just seemed to be run down and not kept up. Frank and I always wonder why these organization give big money for new exhibits but seem to never give enough money to keep it up. Don't get me wrong they have some great exhibits but you can sure tell which ones are the new one and which ones have been around for awhile. Overall we had a good time and I enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with my family and friends.





No comments: