Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Im Not That OLD!

Have you ever just thought you wanted time to stand still? My 20 year class reunion is coming up this weekend and I can't believe it! I can't wait to see my friends from high school and relax and have fun, but I just can't get over the fact that I have been out of school for 20 years. I don't feel that old! This means 40 is just around the corner! When I was in highschool 40 seemed so old...

On Sunday night I talked with my bestfriend Diane on the phone. She had called to talk to me about the reunion and tell me about her dad who is really sick and getting ready to have heart surgery. It is such a reality check. Both of our parents have had major health issues and its really scary to think that they could pass away. I remember having dreams when I was little about my parents dying and how I would wake of in tears. Well it hasn't changed, the thought of them not being here scares me to death and brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. So on that note I am keeping Diane's dad in my thoughts and praying everything goes okay with his surgery.

On top of this Diane may not be able to come to the reunion. I can't imagine her not being there! Even though we don't talk everyday or see each other on a regular basis I don't want to do this without her! Maybe she is my security blanket. Highschool was not that great and it truly is something I don't want to do over again. Don't get me wrong I had fun in highschool and have alot of great memories but I will say there is a lot I would just like to forget! Having a daughter in highschool brings back all those memories, girl drama, homework, boys, arguing with my parents...but the one person that was always there was Diane. So I am going to beg her to come. I will have my other great friend Jodi her on Friday but she is leaving on Saturday to go on her family vacation so we will see what happens on Saturday! Hopefully my security
blanket will show up!!!

Keep you eyes open for upcoming Class of 88 reunion pictures! Im sure you can't wait!

No comments: