Monday, September 1, 2008

20 Year Class Reunion

What a great weekend! Not only was it a 3 day weekend I got to spend it with some of my best friends. At first I was not very excited about my class reunion, not sure why?? When Jodi and Diane showed up on Friday night it was just like old times. Im not sure why we haven't kept in touch with each other, we don't even live that far from each other! I think we just get caught up in our kids busy lives and just forget to keep to take time out for our own friendships.

Well on to our night...Friday night was very casual. We all met up at a local bar in town. Our group of girls all met early for dinner. It was great to see everyone and it was just like old times. I think we all looked great! One thing I did learn was that I was no longer able to drink like I did 20 years ago! I really didn't think I was drinking that much. We got home around 1:00 am and sat around and talked until about 3:30. When I headed to bed I felt fine, but by 5:00 things had taken a turn for the worse. Im sure I don't have to explain!!!

Saturday we had a family picnic. Although I wasn't feeling that great it was wonderful to see everyone's kids. I have to give my husband a shout out...he was a huge help at the picnic. We had run out of drinks and than plates. He took care of everything! He is a keeper!

Saturday night we all met up again for dinner. We all got a chance to look at old yearbooks and school newspapers. It all seemed like such a long time ago. I don't remember having that big hair and crazy glasses but there were pictures to prove it. We all got a good laugh. We decided that we wouldn't wait another 10 years for our next reunion. I will be busy helping plan our 25th soon because I can't wait to see all these people again.

I would love to post pictures but of course my camera decided to stop working, so I will post as soon as my friends email them to me!

No comments: